Monday, January 30, 2017

January Goals Update

My physical goal was to gather some new healthy recipes and try one new recipe each week (excluding the first week of the year.) I did really well on this goal for the first week. I am hoping that as February goes along that I can (and will) do better with this particular goal. However, I did not fully comprehend just how hard it was going to be to learn to cook healthier foods since my family does not like to eat healthy. I can occasionally get in those healthy foods, but I do wish that I could get more chances to eat and cook healthier since I am wanting to change my eating habits.

My mental goal was to read one new book. This month I chose to read "P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern. I absolutely loved this book, and actually finished it by the middle of the month. My favorite quote from the book is "Shoot for the moon, and if you miss you'll still be among the stars" (270). This is a book that I do recommend, and if you aren't much of a reader, I also recommend watching the movie with the same title.

My social goal to go to my ward activities...did not happen once. Maybe there is a chance that I will actually decide to go to the activities...

My emotional goal to write in my journal once a week went really well. I didn't always write on the day I planned on, but for the most part I did write on Sundays.

My spiritual goal to try and pray more has been off and on. I expected that though. So for now my goal stays the same - to try and pray once a day at a minimum. Hopefully I will see better results with this goal during February.

For the most part my goals are staying the same, but the ones that will change, I am excited to see where this next month will lead me and how I will grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment